5 Healthy drinks to keep you fresh in the summers
As much as we enjoy summer vacations, the sweltering heat of this season is not a hero in our eyes. Given the rising temperature this summer, it is essential for us to stay hydrated. Because we have a very dry climate at times and that is filled with humidity, we do tend to sweat a lot too. This causes us to lose the water content in our bodies faster than we normally would in any other season. What better to satiate our thirst and also replenish the water levels than some very yummy and healthy summer drinks? We know just how much we appreciate these refreshing drinks in the heat.
And we all want something that is not just pleasing to the taste buds but also healthy for our bodies. So, we have listed down some healthy summer drinks for you to try out this summer. Whether you like to infuse fruits into your cooling drinks or want them to be your family’s legacy served through generations, these are some of the most basic yet refreshing summer drinks that no one misses.
Here are some healthy summer drink recipes for you to try:
1] Aam Panna
Mangoes and summer are a duo that goes hand in hand come what may. There’s never a summer where we might have missed out on eating the sweet and juicy mango. Imagine this fruit spiced up into a summer cooler drinks version. That’s right, it’s certainly a no-brainer that we’d love to drink it. It is one of those healthy homemade drinks for summer that you can enjoy without having to worry about falling sick.
- Raw mangoes (also known as Ambia)
- Salt (2 tsp)
- Black salt/ kala namak (2 tsp)
- Half cup of khandsari/jaggery (According to taste)
- Roasted and powdered cumin seeds (2 tsp)
- Water (2 cups)
How to make:
- Boil raw mangoes until they soften completely.
- Let it cool and then squeeze the pulp out.
- Blend with all the above ingredients.
- Pour the drink over ice cubes and serve.
This drink is an absolute favourite of most people during the summer season. It is one of the best summer drinks that makes our meal complete. This curd based drink is light, contrary to what people would think and gives an energy boost. Buttermilk or Chaas is yet another one of those homemade summer drinks that you should try to include in your daily diet.
- Two cups of plain curd/dahi
- A quarter cup of mint leaves
- Coriander leaves
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1 tsp of rock salt
- 2 cups of water
How to make:
- Blend all of the ingredients except water.
- Whisk well to ensure there are no lumps.
- Add in your water and whisk or blend well.
- Refrigerate for half an hour at least before serving.
3] Coconut Water
The sweetness of this best juice in summer cannot be beaten by anything else. Coconut water has so many benefits and is so good in rejuvenating and refreshing you that summers are quite bland without them. It doesn’t matter if you go into a store to purchase refreshing summer drinks to stock up, they can’t beat the natural qualities of coconut water. The best part is, you don’t need to invest time in preparing this juice, you can visit your local coconut vendor anytime to quench your thirst.
4] Lemonade or Nimbu Paani
Think about your favourite summer juice. We’re sure the first one to pop into your head is the very nostalgic nimbu paani. You probably recall your evenings relishing in fresh lemonade made by your mom as a kid. Nothing can beat the freshness of lemons as summer season drinks and we’ll cherish them always. One can make it using lemons or masala nimbu pani concentrate also.
- Lemon juice (as per taste)
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Mint leaves to garnish
How to make:
- Add lemon juice, water and sugar to a glass.
- Mix well until all of the ingredients have combined properly.
- Drop-in some ice cubes, garnish with mint leaves and serve.
Want to try something lip-smacking? Try our Masala Nimbu Pani, an excellent companion of the healthy summer drinks that you’re seeking. Packed with the goodness of mint, jaggery, black pepper and nimbus, this will be one of your favourite summer beverages and will top the list.
As its name suggests, these summer coolers are made with water (Jal) and cumin (jeera). With a dash of Indian spices, any dish or beverage can turn into something very scrumptious and that is the beauty of our cuisine. Add these refreshing beverages to your daily meals and it’ll do wonders for you. Jal-jeera is yet another summer staple and one of the healthy summer drinks that we always enjoy drinking.
- 2 tbsp of roasted cumin seeds
- 1 tsp of amchur powder
- A handful of mint leaves
- A handful of coriander leaves
- A pinch of salt
- Half tsp of lemon juice
- 2 cups of water or plain soda
- Boondis for garnish
How to make:
- Mix all of the ingredients in a blender.
- Make sure the liquid is smooth.
- Strain the liquid well and refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
- You can add mint leaves or boondis on top for garnish.
6] Bel Sharbat
Bael fruit has a lot of health benefits. It aids with digestion and helps with constipation. It is a cooling drink that helps turn down the heat of the body in summers. It's a great idea to serve bel ka sharbat to your guests in summer and help them battle the heat out too.
- One wood apple (bael)
- 5-6 tsp Khandsari (optional)
- rock salt to taste
- Water as per requirement
How to make:
- Take a hammer and break the apple to scoop out its pulp.
- Add some water to it and mix.
- Set it aside for a 30 mins to soften the pulp.
- Mix the mash well.
- Sieve the mash in a glass and add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- You can refrigerate it before serving.
Making body cooling drinks in summer is an exciting process. Not only do you get to experiment with summer drinks at home but also enjoy the coolness of these refreshing summer drinks non alcoholic with your loved ones. Try out these lovely summer coolers and beat the heat with a punch of freshness.
About I Say Organic
A healthy lifestyle and organic food are something we all want to achieve but can find hard to achieve. At I Say Organic, we bring your organic food products online at very pocket-friendly prices so you never have to cut back on your diet. With good quality products and tastes that will appeal to your taste buds, find your favourite products at our store. Some of the products we provide are wheat atta, rice, vegetables, fruits, lentils, dry fruits, dried spices, pancake & waffle mix, healthy snacks, makhane and much more at best prices.
Q1] What is the most popular drink in summer?
A1] Nimbu Pani, Aam Panna, Jal-jeera, Bel Sharbat are some of the most popular drinks in summer.
Q2] Which drink is very hydrating in summer?
A2] Coconut water and lemonade are two very hydrating drinks that you can consume in the summer.