Ramdana (Roasted Amaranth)
We source our Roasted Amaranth also known as Ramdana, from Uttarakhand, where the community focuses on conservation & sustainability of natural resources and on producing diverse, nutritious & clean food. Ramdana is a gluten-free, super nutritious grain, that's used aplenty by our kitchen for snacks!
Available Across Delhi NCR
Express Delivery within 3 Hours
Hassle Free Return
Shipping Pan India
Chemical & Preservative Free
Direct From Farmers
You love the ramdana from Isayorganic. I bought ramdana online and its worth the price.
I bought Ramdana from many online places, but all are of average quality. But I Say Organic's Ramdana is actually 100% organic without tampering with the food.
WHAT IS RAMDANA?
Amaranth, also known as Ramdana or Rajgira in various parts of India is a superfood and a highly nutritious ingredient. It is considered a perfectly healthy part of your diet as it is gluten-free and grows in all weather conditions. The name amaranth comes from a Greek word that means never-wilting.
This is why the amaranth seeds can be grown in the harsh northern winter conditions to the warm coastal areas and they are enjoyed incredibly throughout India. This grain-like seed has been cultivated for centuries all across the globe and has been used by several cultures as part of their rituals and in their staple diet. It is a highly nutritious, rich energy source that can be paired with a number of other ingredients to create delicious dishes. (1)
Now you can find this superfood ramdana online easily and enjoy a healthy dose of a nutritional boost in your diet.
EXPLORE THE BENEFITS OF ORGANIC RAMDANA (ROASTED AMARANTH) FROM I SAY ORGANIC
I Say Organic brings to you the purest and most organic form of roasted amaranth seeds in our organic Ramdana online. We source this ramdana from Uttarakhand and ensure you get the best quality of amaranth in the country, grown in an organic manner without the use of chemicals and with all the essential nutrients intact.
Here are some benefits of ramdana and why you should buy ramdana online from I Say Organic:
- At I Say Organic, we ensure all our products, including the ramdana online are made without the use of chemicals, sourced from an authentic and genuine organic farm and delivered to your home. So you can purchase it without worrying about any impurities.
- Our ramdana price is very reasonable and you can surely buy ramdana without making it heavy on your pocket. Our affordable price of ramdana per kg and high quality are what make our products one of the most popular ones.
- Ramdana is a highly nutritious and gluten-free grain that has numerous uses in the kitchen. You can use it in several recipes for maintaining your weight and improving your health.
NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS OF RAMDANA
- Amaranth is an ancient grain rich in fibre and protein along with several micronutrients that are essential for your body. It is packed with manganese which is highly important for your brain function. (2)
- It contains high amounts of phosphorus, which helps in strengthening the bones and is also rich in iron, which helps your body produce more blood. Thus it is an important source of these essential nutrients. (3)
- It contains antioxidants which naturally help your body in fighting free radicals and promote good health. (4)
- It may help reduce bad cholesterol levels, as found in a study. (5) It also helps increase the levels of good cholesterol.
- Amaranth contains an ample amount of fibre which stimulates the digestive system and provides a feeling of fullness, making you eat lesser amounts of food and aiding in weight loss.
Ramdana (Roasted Amaranth) and its Benefits on Digestive Health
Roasted amaranth is also known as popped ramdana or popped rajgira in many parts of the country. Ramdana or amaranth is also considered a ‘pseudocereal’ because it is not a whole grain cereal yet it shares a comparable set of nutrients like whole grains and is used in almost similar ways. Roasted amaranth or ramdana has a plethora of health benefits, making it a super-food. And if you check ramdana price, it is comparably lesser than other superfoods like quinoa. Let’s check the benefits of ramdana.
#1 It is a Rich Source of Nutrients
Roasted ramdana seeds are known to be superfoods for a reason. They are rife with vitamins and minerals. Roasted amaranth is an excellent source of essential minerals like iron, potassium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorus. (6) This wonder ingredient also contains micronutrients like riboflavin, thiamine and folate which are essential for your body’s overall good health. (7)
#2 Powerhouse of Protein
Ramdana seeds are also popular due to their protein-rich content. It in fact contains all nine amino acids that are essential for your well-being. If you follow a vegan diet and are looking for a protein option, ensure you are including roasted amaranth in your diet. Get ramdana online on I Say Organic and enjoy a protein-rich diet.
Having gluten-free food is not just a lifestyle choice, it is a necessity for anyone suffering from celiac or gluten sensitivity. Roasted amaranth is a gluten-free alternative that can also be used for baking and can be added to different recipes. That is why it's a good choice to get ramdana online and add this superfood to your diet.
#4 Aids in Digestion
Roasted amaranth seeds are a rich source of dietary fibre and help in maintaining your digestive health. The hi-fibre content in ramdana seeds helps in digestion, regulates your bowel movements and avoids constipation-related problems.
Roasted Amaranth as a Source of Plant-Based Protein
Roasted amaranth seeds or rajgira seeds are a rich source of plant-based protein. It is ideal for you if you follow a vegan diet.
For vegetarians, it is often a challenge to find all amino acids in a single source. However, roasted amaranth contains all 9 essential amino acids. So you can add it safely to your vegan diet.
Roasted Amaranth has a nutty flavour with a crunchy consistency. It can be used in a variety of ways in your daily diet.
- You can add them to your salad bowl as a salad topper
- Add them as a crunchy element in your yoghurt bowl or overnight oats bowl or smoothies
- They can also be added to energy bars
How To Store And Preserve Ramdana (Roasted Rajgira Seeds)
While it is an easy option to buy ramdana online, you must store them properly to maintain their nutritional value. To keep roasted rajgira seeds fresh and avoid deterioration, you can follow these tips.
- Keep them away from direct sunlight and store them in a cool dry place.
- Moisture can spoil the ramdana seeds. It’s better to keep the container absolutely dry at all times.
- Use air-tight containers to avoid water or air exposure.
- Protect from light and pests
WHY BUY FROM I SAY ORGANIC?
I Say Organic is a popular brand that offers sustainable and organic food products sourced from genuine farms where crops are grown without chemicals. It is high time to start thinking about what we put into our bodies and moving towards organic food is the future of our world.
I Say Organic is a step towards the right direction and provides high-quality, sustainable products such as grains, rice, fruits, vegetables, cooking essentials, condiments, and everything you need to make your lifestyle healthier and more sustainable.
FAQS For Ramdana
Is Ramdana good for health?
Ramdana is ideal for consuming if you want to lose weight, maintain your body health and increase immunity. It contains lots of nutrients essential for the body.
Is amaranth hot or cold for the body?
According to Ayurveda, Amaranth has a cold potency and energises the body, but at the same time relaxes your muscles.
Can we eat amaranth daily?
Yes, it is healthy to eat amaranth daily as it contains loads of nutrients and other important minerals for daily health.
Is amaranth difficult to digest?
Although amaranth is a grain, it is easier to digest as compared to other grains because of its amino acid complex, which may also improve digestion.
How is Ramdana Roasted Amaranth different from regular amaranth seeds?
Ramdana, or popped rajgira, is prepared differently from regular amaranth seeds. Ramdana is made by toasting amaranth seeds until they bubble up like popcorn and produce light, airy flakes as opposed to regular amaranth seeds, which are small, crisp grains comparable to quinoa. Ramdana is frequently used as a crunchy topping for various foods, while regular amaranth is typically prepared similarly to rice or quinoa. Both types are still quite nutritious even after roasting, which may result in a little amount of nutrient loss.
Are there any specific precautions to take while consuming Ramdana?
Although eating amaranth is typically harmless, some people may have allergies to particular grains. It is advised to avoid amaranth or get medical advice before consuming it if you are known to be allergic to quinoa or other grains in the Amaranthaceae family.
Can individuals with gluten intolerance consume Roasted Amaranth?
Roasted Amaranth is a gluten-free option, so if you have gluten intolerance you can safely consume ramdana. Buy ramdana online on I Say Organic.
How can I incorporate Roasted Amaranth into my child's diet?
You can sprinkle roasted ramdana over your kid’s bowl of yoghurt, or fruit salads to add a crunch. Additionally, you can also use it as a topping for ice cream or smoothies. Kids can enjoy them as an alternative to popcorn as well.